2 Escape From Franklinton House Fire

2 Escape From Franklinton House Fire (Image 1)

Two men escaped from a Franklinton house fire early Tuesday morning after they were alerted by loud noises in the basement.

The fire started at about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday at a home on the 200 block of South Yale Avenue.

The residents told NBC4 that they were watching TV upstairs when they heard a pop and lost power. When they checked the basement, they saw flames and then exited the home.

A firefighter suffered minor injuries when he fell through the floor inside the home.

The residents are now trying to find their two cats, Franklin and Clarence.

Investigators say that the fire may have been an electrical fire that started in the basement.

The Red Cross was called to help the two men who lived in the home.

NBC4i.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s