Fire officials evacuated three apartments Tuesday afternoon after a gas leak was reported on the city’s north side.
About 50 people were told to leave their homes at 604 Everwood Ave. after a 2-inch plastic gas line was accidentally cut with an auger, according to Columbus firefighters.
Assisted by Columbia Gas employees, firefighters searched for the shut off valve for several hours, delaying people from reentering the building.
Firefighters cleared the scene before 9 p.m. Tuesday.
Officials said no one was harmed in the incident.