Officer Saves Family From Burning Home

Officer Saves Family From Burning Home (Image 1)

A Clinton Township police officer is credited with getting a family out of a home that was on fire early Thursday morning.

According to Clinton Township police, Officer Travis Carpenter was patrolling the area of Ferris Road when he noticed smoke coming from the rear of a home.

Officer Carpenter called for firefighters, and then went inside the home to help the family inside get out.

According to firefighters, the fire may have been started by a cigarette left smoldering on a sofa on the back porch. provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s