Two juveniles faced a judge Friday after being accused of emailing bomb threats to Watkins Memorial High School earlier in the week.
The 15 and 16-year-old males spoke little in the Licking County Juvenile Court, but pleaded not guilty to the charges. Judge Robert Hoover told them their actions caused widespread panic.
The principal at the high school called 911 dispatchers after receiving the first email Tuesday. “The email says ‘I have several bombs on the north, south, west and east sides of the building. The bombs contain napalm and propane gas, I have seven of them including one near your office.’”
One of the suspects is a 16-year-old student at Watkins Memorial and the other is a 15-year-old who attends Big Walnut High School in Delaware County. Both have been charged with felony inducing panic.
Hoover told the pair the allegations against them did not warrant a house arrest. “Given the serious nature of the offenses the court finds the youth is a danger to himself and others. The court also finds that factors into the decision to remand him to detention.”
Both teens face anywhere between a year in juvenile detention or up until they turn 21.