COLUMBUS (WCMH) — A Columbus intersection where a woman was killed in August made the top of Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commissions list of High Crash Intersections.
East Broad Street and James Road ranks as the second most dangerous intersection in Central Ohio.
On August 11, the victim was sitting at the bus stop when two cars trying to pull over for a fire truck collided and one vehicle slammed into the bus shelter where she was sitting.
“The main reason we produce these lists is to serve as a tool to help us and our regional partners prioritize transportation safety investments at those locations that need it most in Central Ohio,” Jordan Whisler with MORPC said.
Each intersection is ranked by the number of crashes, the severity of the crashes, and the number of vehicles entering the intersection.
Jalisa Smith takes the bus at the intersection of E. Broad St. and James Rd. every day and says she notices drivers speeding all the time
“This is a horrible intersection,” Jalisa Smith said. “They are just chaotic. It’s just horrible.”
Top 10 High Crash Intersections
- E Livingston Avenue @ Hamilton Rd/SR 317
- Broad Street/SR 16 @ James Road
- Dublin Granville Road/SR 161 @ Maple Canyon Drive
- Cleveland Avenue @ Dublin Granville Rd/SR 161
- Morse Road @ Northtowne Blvd/Walford Street
- Cleveland Avenue @ Morse Road
- Broad Street/US 40 @ N Wilson Road
- Hard Road @ Sawmill Road
- S Central Avenue/Harrisburg Pike @ W Mound Street
- Cleveland Avenue @ Weber Road