Toxins found in Dublin Road water treatment plant, officials says drinking water is safe

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH)– Officials with the Columbus Department of Public Utilities say that the water is safe to drink after toxins from algae were found on the river water at the Dublin Road water treatment plant.

According to a spokesperson with the Columbus Department of Public Utilities, blue-green algae toxins were found on the surface of the river water coming into the Dublin Road water treatment plant.

The spokesperson emphasized that drinking water for residents is safe and that they are only treating the river water coming into the plant for the toxins.

The Ohio EPA says that no levels of toxins were found in tests done on the drinking water that is produced at the plant.

NBC4i.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s