- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The NBC4 and BIA “Ellen Trip Sweepstakes” (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Media General Operations, Inc. d/b/a WCMH-TV and nbc4i.com (“NBC4”) and Building Industry Association of Central Ohio (“BIA”) (together, the “Promotion Parties”). Promotion is only offered in the NBC4 viewing area within the following Ohio counties: Athens, Coshocton, Crawford, Delaware, Fairfield, Fayette, Franklin, Guernsey, Hardin, Hocking, Knox, Licking, Logan, Madison, Marion, Morrow, Perry, Pickaway, Pike, Ross and Union (the “Promotion Area“). Void outside the Promotion Area and where prohibited.
- Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws. NBC4 shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding entries, deadlines, winner selection, prize restrictions, and eligibility — and all of its decisions are final. By entering, you irrevocably, fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules and or any other Promotion-related advertising or materials.
- Promotion begins on September 28, 2015. Entry deadline is October 4, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”). Drawing to determine potential winner will be held October 5, 2015. NBC4’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
- Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 MISC tax form (or its equivalent) for the ARV of the prize awarded if required and is solely and exclusively responsible for any and all state, federal or local income taxes that may result from his or her acceptance of prize.
- To be eligible, each entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years old and a legal resident of the Promotion Area (above).
- Employees of NBC4, BIA, any other entity directly involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, and the members of their immediate families (defined as spouses, parents, siblings and children) and households, are not eligible to enter or win. The term “household” includes all persons residing together in a single residence, whether or not related.
- In addition, you are not eligible to win a prize in this Promotion if you have won and received a prize in any NBC4-sponsored promotion in the thirty (30) days prior to the date of any prize notification in this Promotion.
Prize & ODDS
- Grand Prize (1): Two (2) nights’ hotel accommodations (single standard room/double occupancy) for winner and one (1) guest, travel voucher for roundtrip airfare (economy class) for winner and one (1) guest from commercial airport nearest winner’s home to Los Angeles, California, and two (2) tickets (VIP) to a taping of The Ellen DeGeneres Show (the “Show”) at Warner Bros. Studios, 3400 Burbank Blvd., Burbank, California, all valid through the last taping of the Show in May 2016. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV“): $1,500.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- The Show tickets have no cash value and are subject to the sole discretion of NBC4 and/or Show. In the event that this prize element is unavailable or cannot be or is not fulfilled for any reason, winner will not be entitled to any substitution, remuneration or alternate prize element.
- Actual value of prize or prize component may vary depending on date selected, departure city and/or seasonal or industry fluctuations. If actual value of prize awarded is less than the ARV stated above, winner will not be entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for difference in value.
- Winner must coordinate Show date with NBC4. All Show tickets are valid only during the date and time periods set forth above in the prize description or on the tickets. Show tickets are not valid on or during special or premium events. You must present valid photo ID to be admitted to Show. Show times and dates are subject to change at any time. The Ellen DeGeneres Show does not reimburse travel expenses due to Show cancellations. Show tickets have no cash value, are non-transferable, and may not be auctioned or sold. Exact seat locations (if applicable) will be determined by Show. Use of tickets is subject to all rules, regulations, policies and restrictions of Show. Visit ellentv.com/page/2014/02/04/ticket-holder-frequently-asked-questions for more information. Promotion Parties will not be responsible for weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, labor or other strike or work stoppage, or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the Show or other inability to use prize tickets or passes and the terms and conditions of the tickets or passes will govern in such event. Promotion Parties will not replace any lost, stolen or damaged prize tickets, passes, vouchers or similar items once they are in possession of winner or guest.
- Guest must be at least eighteen (18) years old and may be required to sign liability waiver and/or publicity release prior to receipt of prize tickets and travel documents and/or confirmation of reservations. Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary and use Show tickets together. Winner and guest agree to comply with all applicable Show regulations and policies in connection with any Show tickets and acknowledge that Show may remove or deny entry to winner or guest who engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Show visitor, guest, employee or other person, or in any other way that violates any Show policies.
- Hotel accommodations are subject to availability and confirmation of reservations, are subject to change without notice, and may not be combined with any other offer. Blackout dates may apply. Schedules, travel dates and hotel accommodations are subject to change without notice. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any air or ground transportation.
- Prize travel and seat selection are subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. Travel may be capacity controlled and seats may not be available on all flights or in all markets. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. Prize ticket travel may not be combined with any other offer and will not accrue frequent flyer points. Stopovers/Upgrades/Wait-listing/Open Returns may not be permitted for tickets booked with prize voucher. Prize voucher is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash and is void if sold or bartered. The sale or barter of tickets obtained through redemption of prize voucher is also prohibited. Any tickets obtained through such sale or barter are void and will not be honored for travel.
- Winner and his or her guest are solely responsible for obtaining, at their own expense, any picture identification necessary for travel and any travel insurance or any other form of insurance desired and to be in possession of all necessary travel documents at the time and point of departure. Carrier may deny boarding to any passengers without proper documentation. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any air or ground transportation.
- All prize elements must be used on the dates and times set forth above in the prize description or on any tickets or passes. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by any selected transportation carrier as detailed in the relevant passenger ticket contract. Other restrictions apply.
- Coupon or voucher prize or prize component is subject to all terms and conditions thereon as well as any additional limitations or restrictions imposed by issuer.
- All prize details shall be at NBC4’s sole discretion. Winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), surcharges, fees, additional lodging/transportation expenses, transfers, airline or airport fees, security fees, baggage charges, passport expenses, passenger tariffs or duties, trip or travel insurance, service or facility charges, excursions, sightseeing, upgrades, resort services, room service, laundry service, spa treatments, local and long distance telephone calls, Internet access, and personal items. Hotel or resort may require valid major credit card or cash deposit for incidentals. Any person who wins prizes through any NBC4-sponsored promotions with cumulative value equal to or greater than $600 in a calendar year will receive an IRS 1099 Form.
- Prize is not redeemable for cash and may not be sold, bartered or auctioned. The right to receive prize is not transferrable. Prize or portion thereof not used or accepted by winner is forfeited and no cash or substitute will be offered or permitted. Prize may not be substituted except that NBC4 in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
- Prize offered is provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Promotion Parties. Merchandise prize or prize component (if any) carries no warranty other than that offered by manufacturer. Promotion Parties have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Other restrictions apply.
- Entries will be accepted beginning September 28, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. ET and ending October 4, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET. To enter, visit nbc4i.com (the “Promotion Page”) and follow the instructions to complete an official entry form with all required information, which may include your name, e-mail address, phone number, and age or date of birth. Entries will not be accepted via any other method.
- All entries must be received by NBC4 no later than October 4, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt by NBC4 will not accept screen shots as proof of entry.
- Limit one (1) entry per person. Additional entries received from any such person thereafter will be subject to disqualification. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, script, macro, or any other automated means or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest-entry services or multiple or different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, accounts or logins) are prohibited and will void all entries submitted by that entrant. No group submissions will be accepted.
- Entries must include a working daytime telephone number and valid e-mail address for the entrant. NBC4 is not responsible for voice or electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of call blocking of any kind or inability to leave a voice message or passive or as to e-mail, active filtering of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address, the entry will be deemed made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address used for entry. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by the relevant Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the corresponding domain.
- Entrants who fail to provide any required information may be disqualified without further notification by NBC4. NBC4 is not responsible for entries that are lost, misdirected, garbled, distorted, truncated, incomplete, illegible, incorrect or late for any reason, and all such entries are void. NBC4 reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time that in its opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Entries become the property of NBC4 and will not be returned or acknowledged.
WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION
- On October 5, 2015, or within a reasonable time thereafter, NBC4 or its designee will randomly choose one (1) name from all timely entries Subject to verification of eligibility, the person whose name is so drawn will be declared the winner.
- NBC4 will contact the potential winner in accordance with the information supplied to NBC4 on his or her entry form. Winner must respond to initial notification within seventy-two (72) hours and may be required to present valid photo identification and/or to sign an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability waiver, publicity release (where legal), tax forms and/or other legal documents to NBC4 no later than ten (10) business days after initial notification and as a condition of receiving prize. NBC4 in its sole discretion may allow for transmission of verification documents via fax or e-mail. Verified winner will be provided instructions on claiming or coordinating prize.
- In the event that potential winner (a) cannot be contacted directly by, or does not respond to, NBC4 within seventy-two (72) hours of initial attempted notification, (b) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (c) declines to accept the prize, or (d) is otherwise determined to be ineligible, NBC4 in its discretion may disqualify that individual and an alternate winner will be chosen by random drawing as soon as reasonably practicable after such disqualification. Any alternate winners are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules. NBC4 will conduct up to three (3) alternate winner drawings. If NBC4 cannot verify a winner after three (3) alternate winner drawings, no further drawings will be held and the prize will not be awarded.
- NBC4 may, in its sole discretion, post the verified winner’s name on the Promotion Page and/or any of NBC4’s websites, including nbc4i.com, and broadcast it on any of NBC4’s stations.
- By accepting a prize, winner agrees to award NBC4 the right to publicize his or her name, photographs (including the use and appearance of his or her photograph on NBC4’s websites), likeness, biographical information, e-mail address, voice and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- By entering the Promotion, you agree that NBC4, BIA, Media General, Inc., Facebook, Warner Bros. Entertainment, any other company involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, and a range of subsidiaries, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, prize suppliers, directors, officers, employees, agents and related persons (collectively, the “Released Parties”): (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to lost, disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for entries that for any reason are not properly submitted or received by NBC4 by any deadline stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or in the printing of this offer, administration of this Promotion, or in the announcement of the winner or prize; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Promotion or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Promotion; (e) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any entry; (f) are not responsible for the inability to select winner because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (g) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the acceptance of entries, the selection of winner, the prize or otherwise in any Promotion-related materials.
- RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO prize. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE Promotion OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF prize OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE Promotion OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE Promotion.
- By entering the Promotion, you agree to release and hold Released Parties harmless from any and all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, relating to or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, (a) your participation, inability to participate, in the Promotion or any Promotion-related or prize-related activity, (b) the use by Released Parties (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of entry materials during or after the Promotion, (c) the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of prize, and (d) any other claim or cause of action you may have against any Released Party.
- BY entering THE Promotion, you FURTHER AGREE THAT (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE Promotion, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE Promotion, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND you HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES.
- SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE ABILITY TO PURSUE CLASS ACTION REMEDIES, OR ON CERTAIN KINDS OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
- NBC4 reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Promotion, or any part thereof, in the event that NBC4 determines, in its sole discretion, that the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Promotion has been corrupted or impaired by any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or any other cause beyond NBC4’s control. In such an event, NBC4 will post notice of same at the Promotion Page and select the winner by conducting a random drawing from among all non-suspect entries received prior to the suspension, cancellation or termination of the Promotion or in such other manner as NBC4, in its sole discretion, deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances.
- NBC4 reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Promotion if NBC4 concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person (a) has attempted to tamper with the entry process or other any operation of the Promotion, (b) has repeatedly disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules, or (c) has acted towards NBC4 or any other Promotion Party or entrant in an unfair, inequitable, deliberately annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. Tampering includes attempting to enter more than the number of times permitted herein, including through the use of any prohibited device or method. Any failure by NBC4 to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DEFRAUD, TAMPER WITH, OR DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE Promotion MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND NBC4 RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AVAILABLE DAMAGES OR REMEDIES AGAINST SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND/OR REFER SUCH MATTERS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- All activity arising out of and relating to the Promotion, including any reference to the status of any person as a “winner,” is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules. If NBC4 determines, in its sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences non-compliance of an entry and/or entrant with the Official Rules, NBC4 reserves the right to disqualify such entry and/or entrant from the Promotion and prize at any time. NBC4 reserves the right to conduct a background check on any or all potential winners and to disqualify any individual based on such background check if NBC4 determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on NBC4. Each entrant agrees to cooperate with NBC4 and its representatives in connection with any and all verification, auditing and/or background check activities.
- NBC4 reserves the right to correct typographical, printing or clerical errors in any Promotion-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, NBC4 reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants or Released Parties in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by Ohio law, without giving effect to any choice of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Ohio. By entering the Promotion, you expressly (a) agree that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in Franklin County, Ohio, and (b) consent to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Promotion-related materials, including but not limited to the Promotion entry forms, or point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Facebook is not a sponsor of this Promotion. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Promotion is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the
Winner’s Name/OFFICIAL RULES
- For a copy of the Official Rules or the final Winner’s Name, visit the Promotion Page or nbc4i.com or mail a SASE to: NBC4 and BIA “Ellen Trip Sweepstakes” c/o NBC4, 3165 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, OH 43202, specifying either “Winner’s Name” or “Official Rules.” Winner’s Name will be available after November 5, 2015.