Restaurant rebuilding after machete attack, may reopen within several weeks

CREDIT: Nazareth Restaurant and Deli

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH/AP)–Nazareth Restaurant and Deli is in the process of reopening after a man with a machete injured several customers earlier this month.

According to a post on the restaurant’s Facebook, the doors will open within the next several weeks.

The FBI says it hasn’t been able to find any evidence suggesting that the attack was orchestrated terrorism. The agency said last Wednesday that it has found no information that the attacker, 30-year-old Mohamed Barry from the West African nation of Guinea, “was working with or directed by anyone” in the Feb. 11 attack.

Barry came in swinging the machete, injuring four people before he fled. He was fatally shot by police when he lunged at them with the weapon.

 

NBC4i.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s