Sugar-free gum poisons dog


(KPNX) Chances are, you’ve probably heard that chocolate is poisonous to dogs, but did you know that Xylitol, a common sweetener, can be even more dangerous?

Jeni Hargrove Connor’s family found out the hard way this February when their 1-year-old lab wound up in the animal hospital fighting for her life.

Hargrove Connor said it all started when Dancer snuck into her gym bag and ate an entire tub of Ice Breakers gum.

At first Hargrove Connor didn’t think much of it, until about an hour later, when her husband noticed Dancer looked drunk. They called their vet who told them to immediately rush Dancer to the animal hospital.

Read more: http://bit.ly/1UyC5EA

NBC4i.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s