POLK COUNTY, FL (WFLA) — Polk firefighters rescued a tiny pet from a smoke-filled home in Mulberry Friday.
The fire happened at the house on Fox Cross Drive. According to the Polk County Fire Rescue, it started in the kitchen. A man got minor burns but there was another victim in the smoke-filled home. It was a small guinea pig.
Firefighter John Williams got it out of the house, and it was treated with oxygen.
Polk firefighters posted the photos from the fire scene on their Facebook page.
What others are clicking on: