WASHINGTON (WTNH) – The US Department of Labor has launched a new website that offers veterans various employment services.
According to the Labor Department, the new website brings together job banks, state employment offices, American Job Centers, opportunities in top-trending industry sectors, and employer assistance in a single online location.
“There are many resources for veterans seeking employment and for those employers eager to hire veterans, but it’s often difficult for both groups to know where to start,” said Assistant Secretary of Labor for Veterans’ Employment and Training Mike Michaud. “Veterans.gov brings those resources together in one place, making it an effective first stop on the path to meaningful employment.”
Labor officials say that the site has become a “first stop” in the employment search process for veterans, transitioning service members, and their spouses. It will also be a valuable resource for employers seeking to hire veterans and their spouses.
- One-on-one assistance in the nearly 2,500 American Job Centers in communities nationwide.
- Veterans’ Job Bank/National Labor Exchange online job listings.
- Searchable career paths by industry, by similarity to military careers, or by keyword.
- Links to approved local training programs, colleges and universities.
- Resources from federal partners to connect with industry-specific career programs in sectors including agriculture, transportation, energy/utilities, homeland security and other federal employment.
- Tools to learn how to become an entrepreneur and to start a business.
- Connection to the Veterans Employment Center portal.
- Ability to connect with the VETS’ regional employer outreach specialists to access local resources for meeting your unique hiring needs.
- Ability to upload available openings and position descriptions to the Veterans’ Job Bank/National Labor Exchange database.
- Access to “America’s Heroes at Work,” a free toolkit to assist employers seeking to hire veterans.
- Ability to make a commitment to hire veterans on the Veterans Employment Center portal.
The website is located at veterans.gov
What others are clicking on: