Family uses fireworks to scare bird out of hole in roof, catches house on fire

LAFAYETTE, IN (WLFI) — A house fire destroyed one Lafayette family’s roof Sunday morning, but how it happened was unexpected.

Around 11am, Lafayette fire and police departments were called to a house on Archway Drive.

Lafayette police said the family was trying to scare a bird out of a hole in the roof with a firework. Sparks flew and part of the roof caught fire.

No one was hurt and only the roof was damaged.

Lafayette fire crews extinguished the flames in about 30 minutes.

What others are clicking on:

NBC4i.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s