Glass from broken light may have gotten into child’s burger

File photo

SOUTHGATE, Mich. (AP) – A company that owns a Detroit-area fast food restaurant says glass from a broken light bulb may have gotten into a child’s burger.

WXYZ-TV reports a woman brought her 3-year-old daughter to a Wendy’s in Southgate on Monday and heard an unusual crunching sound when the child bit into the burger. Police were called and the girl was taken to a hospital.

According to a police report, a manager told officers that glass was broken in a back area where food is prepared.

Starboard Group, which owns the restaurant, said in a statement: “This is an extremely unfortunate accident and we quickly investigated.” The company said “it appears a light bulb may have broken during maintenance activity in the restaurant.”

The station says the child is recovering at home.

What others are clicking on:

NBC4i.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s