COLUMBUS (WCMH) – The Powerball jackpot for the Wednesday, July 13 drawing is an estimated $311 million with a cash prize option of an estimated $221.4 million.
This jackpot is the game’s highest since the $429.6 million jackpot that was hit 19 drawings ago on May 7.
Earlier this year, the Powerball jackpot was a world-record setting $1,586 billion for the January 13 drawing. Tickets sold in California, Florida and Tennessee each won a share of the jackpot.
Powerball tickets are $2 each and can be played in 44 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Tickets can be purchased for Wednesday’s drawing until 9:50pm at any Ohio Lottery retailer. Drawings are held every Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59pm in Tallahassee, Florida.
The odds are one in 292.2 million, which means you’re really, really, really unlikely to win. Here are eight things more likely to happen than win tomorrow’s jackpot:
- Get killed by a shark (1 in 11.5 million)
- Become president of the United States (1 in 10 million)
- Become a well known Hollywood movie star (1 in 1.5 million)
- Play professional football in the NFL (1 in 1 million)
- Be crushed by an asteroid that falls out of the sky (1 in 700,000)
- Make a hole in one on a par 3 hole (1 in 12,500)
- Get injured by a toilet (1 in 10,000)
- Get struck by lightning (1 in 3,000)
Before you get too discouraged, keep in mind that the odds of winning at least some kind of Powerball prize, even your money back, are not too shabby: about 1 in 32.
What others are clicking on: