ALTUS, OK (WCMH) – Nearly 400,000 pounds of hot dogs and products containing hot dogs were recalled due Listeria fears at a processing plant.
The hot dogs were recalled due to recurring Listeria issues at the plant that produces the meat. There have been no confirmed reports of illnesses or adverse reactions due to consumption of these products.
The following products are affected:
- 16-oz/1-lb. packages of “BAR-S Classic BUN LENGTH Franks MADE WITH CHICKEN, PORK ADDED” with “Use By” date of 10/11/2016 and case code 209.
- 12-oz. packages of “BAR-S CLASSIC Franks MADE WITH CHICKEN, PORK ADDED” with package code 6338, “Use By” date of 10/10/2016 and case code 6405.
- 24-oz./1.5-lb. cartons of “SIGNATURE Pick 5 CORNDOGS – 8 Honey Batter Dipped Franks On A Stick” with a “Use By” date of 4/6/2017 and case code 6071.
- 72-oz./2.67-lb. cartons of “BAR-S CLASSIC CORN DOGS – 16 Honey Batter Dipped Franks On A Stick” with “Use By” dates of 4/7/2017 and 4/8/2017 and case code 6396.
- 48-oz./3-lb. cartons of “BAR-S CLASSIC CORN DOGS – 16 Honey Batter Dipped Franks On A Stick” with package code 14054, “Use By” dates of 4/6/2017 and 4/9/2017, and case code 14038.
Consumption of food contaminated with L. monocytogenes can cause listeriosis, a serious infection that primarily affects older adults, persons with weakened immune systems, and pregnant women and their newborns. Less commonly, persons outside these risk groups are affected.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
PHOTOS: Hot dog recall
PHOTOS: Hot dog recall x
Richard Spencer supporters charged with attempted homicide
PHOTOS: Border Wall Prototypes
Jessica Kooreman’s childhood photos
Joey Mantia’s childhood photos
Columbus Blue Jackets vs Minnesota Wild
Jason Brown’s childhood photos
Model Olympians: Madison Chock and Evan Bates
Model Olympian: Jason Brown
Model Olympian: Mirai Nagasu