Kid accidentally swallows dog toy, turning laughs into squeaks

COLUMBUS (WCMH) — Just about everyone has swallowed a piece of gum or maybe had a drink go down the wrong pipe.

But swallowing a dog toy? That’s a new one for most.

It’s apparently what happened to one boy in video posted on Facebook that’s now been seen more than 30-million times.

In the clip, a woman, who might be his mother, is heard asking, “Where are you, Anthony?”

“In the emergency room,” he replies.

The woman then asks, “How can you tell (that you swallowed the toy)?”

The boy then responds with big eyes and a long squeeeeeak, squeak.

“I’ve been practicing for 37 years and I’ve never had a child squeak at me,” said Dr. Alfred Sacchetti, a spokesperson for the American College of Emergency Physicians and chief of emergency services at Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center in Camden, New Jersey, told Today.

Dr. Sacchetti says he doesn’t know the specifics of the case, but he suspects Anthony swallowed the small metal noise box — and not the actual toy itself — because that would block his airways.

NBC4i.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s