PHOENIX, AZ (WCMH) — A puppy in Phoenix is lucky to be alive after being stung by bees at least 400 times.
Tramp, an 18-month-old puppy has more than a fat lip. His entire body is swollen and covered with welts, KPHO reports.
“With as many stings as he had, he had more than enough to kill 50 percent of dogs his size,” said veterinarian Cynthia Jones.
Jones pulled more than 400 stingers from Tramp’s body. She said she has never seen a case as bad as tramp’s. “He was having muscle tremors all over the place. It looked almost like he was havng seizures,” said Jones.
It happened Saturday, when owner Jeremy Denoyer let Tramp outside. He heard him yelping outside shortly after letting him out. When he went to check on Tramp, he was swarmed by the bees himself.
“And I got two or three feet outside and was just hit myself,” said Denoyer.
Denoyer had more than 20 stings, his dog Lady had 50, and Tramp had more than 400.
The bee hive turned out to be inside a vacant house next door.