COLUMBUS (WCMH) — The Ohio State University College of Medicine’s Injury Biomechanics Research Center is hosting Buckle Up with Brutus on Sunday, Sept. 18 from 1pm to 4pm in the Scarlet parking lot at the Shottenstein Center.
Child seats reduce the risk of fatal injuries by 71 percent for infants and 54 percent for toddlers, however most car seats are used incorrectly.
Certified child passenger safety technicians will be on hand for free car seat installations and inspections so you will know everything you need to in order to make sure your car seat is installed and used correctly.
There will also be a free car seat giveaway! Here are the details:
- Caregivers who are in need of a convertible car seat or booster seat for a child are invited to receive one for free.
- Children must be present to receive a free seat.
- Free convertible seats will be available to children up to 65 lbs.
- Free booster seats will be available to children that are at least 4 years of age and over 40 lbs.
- Caregiver must have a vehicle with them and participate in car seat installation education with our certified child passenger safety technicians.
- Vehicles must have working lap and shoulder seat belts for booster seats.
- Seats are available on a first come, first served basis while supplies last.