SYDNEY, Australia (WCMH)–A worker at an Australian building site has been bitten by a spider twice in the span of five months–both times on his penis.
He told the BBC he felt like the “most unlucky guy in the country.” He only wants to be mentioned by his first name, Jordan.
Jordan said he was using a portable toilet on a Sydney building site five months ago, and was wary of using on-site toilets for a while.
The first time, he was bitten by a redback spider. He wasn’t sure what kind of spider was hiding under the toilet lid on Tuesday.
“I was sitting on the toilet doing my business and just felt the sting that I felt the first time,” he said to the BBC. “I was like ‘I can’t believe it’s happened again.’ I looked down and I’ve seen a few little legs come from around the rim.”
Jordan said his colleagues were worried the first time, but thought it was a little funnier on the second trip to the hospital.
Redback spiders are closely related to the black widow spider. The BBC says its bite causes severe pain, sweating, and nausea. No one has died from the redback spider’s bite since 1956, when antivenom was introduced.