Carbon monoxide from generator causes boy’s death during Hurricane Matthew

DAYTONA BEACH, FL (WESH) A 9-year-old boy has died after he was overcome by carbon monoxide in a Daytona Beach, Florida home.

The boy’s family was using a generator in their home, where the power is still out in the wake of Hurricane Matthew.

A neighbor called 911 Monday morning after the child’s mother, almost incoherent, ran to her home to ask for help.

The boy’s father remains in a coma.

NBC4i.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s