FBI documents: State official sought change in Clinton email related to Benghazi

(AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)
(AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)

WASHINGTON (AP) — A top State official asked the FBI to make classified an email related to the 2012 attack in Benghazi.

Newly released FBI documents show a senior State Department staffer sought to change the classification level of an email that was on Clinton’s private server. The official, State Department Undersecretary for Management Patrick F. Kennedy, requested the change for an email related to the 2012 attacks on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya.

Kennedy said that would allow him to ensure the document was “never to be seen again.” The FBI did not change the classification level.

Clinton’s campaign also continues to answer for hacked emails being released by the thousands by WikiLeaks. The most recent batch showed Clinton generally avoided direct criticism of Wall Street as she examined the causes and responses to the financial meltdown during a series of paid speeches to Goldman Sachs.

WikiLeaks said Monday that founder Julian Assange’s internet access had been cut by an unidentified state actor. Few other details were immediately available.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s