SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Springfield police say that four women apparently overdosed on heroin, and some of their children were at home at the time to find them.
Springfield Police Lt. David Kane told WWLP that they had received a 911 call from a 12-year-old girl reporting four women were unresponsive at a home in the 100 block of Ambrose Street around 12:30 a.m.
The women had reportedly came to the home after going out, leaving pre-teens and teens at home alone playing video games upstairs in a bedroom.
Police, fire, and emergency crews arrived shortly after the call and found two of the women had pulses and two did not.
All four were given the opiate reversal drug Naloxone, or commonly called by the brand name Narcan, and quickly became alert and able to walk. All four were transported to nearby hospitals which included Mercy Medical Center and Baystate Medical Center.
Detectives found drug paraphernalia and evidence that will be taken to the labs and tested. Police are following up with DCF.
No criminal charges have been issued yet, Lt. Kane said.