COLUMBUS (WCMH) – The Postal Service is hiring 100 people to help sort mail during the holiday season.
The Postal Service will hold job fair looking for casual mail handlers on November 3 from 12pm to 2pm and on November 4 from 3pm to 5pm.
Both job fairs will take place at the Columbus Processing & Distribution Center at 2323 Citygate Drive.
According to a job description, a casual mail handler does the following:
- Separates all class of mail.
- Culls, faces, and cancels mail.
- Loads, unloads, and moves bulk mail. Empties mail from mail containers (bags, hampers, etc.) and loads mail into mail containers. Performs other duties incidental to the moving and processing of mail and related mail handling equipment.
- In addition, may perform other miscellaneous duties, as assigned.
- Exercises normal protective care for equipment and materials used.
- Exercises a normal regard for the safety of self and others.
- Operates equipment assigned to the jurisdiction of the Mail Handler Craft
The jobs are temporary, beginning on November 12 and ending on January 6.
Online applications are accepted online at http://usps.com/careers.