MARION, OH (WCMH) – A spike in overdoses over the last three days led police to a stash of hundreds of forged credit cards in Marion County.
According to Marion police, between Saturday and Monday, police responded to 12 overdose calls, including one that led to the death of a 55-year-old man.
Six of the overdoses happened on Saturday. Police pinpointed the source of the heroin and arrested 32-year-old Simon Harris for drug trafficking.
Six more overdoses were reported Monday.
Police arrested several people Monday night while trying to pinpoint the source of the heroin. The investigation brought police to 860 Oak Grove Avenue in Marion.
Two people who were inside the home were arrested and charged with drug-related crimes.
During the search, police say they found evidence of credit card skimming, including a credit card imprinter, hundreds of forged credit cards and hundreds of gift cards.
Police arrested 19-year-old Javon M. Smith in connection with the forgery.
After Ronald Wilson Jr., 23, of Detroit was booked into the jail, police say 32 bags of hjeroin was concealed in his rectum.
Sheriff Tim Bailey stated “this simply expresses the importance of the far reaching aspects of criminal enterprises and the fact that many of the crimes go far beyond the simple selling of drugs.”
Marion police Chief Bill Collins stated “my frustration in dealing with the same people time and again is overwhelming and disheartening.” “We will continue to do our job and arrests these career criminals in the hopes that someday they will get some prison time that amounts to more than a slap on the wrist.”
Police arrested the following people:
- DeAngelo White, 30, trafficking in heroin
- Karsavian Williams, 21, trafficking in heroin, possession of heroin, trafficking in cocaine
- Pierre Bell, 28, trafficking in heroin (on probation)
- Donald Eaton Jr., 55, permitting drug abuse
- Chad Friley, 31, Aggravated trafficking in drugs
- Jeffrey Marshall, 37, trafficking in heroin (on probation)
- Simon Harris, 32, trafficking in heroin and cocaine (on probation)
- Krista Buckner, 50, probation violation
- Nicholas Shirey, 37, trafficking in heroin, corrupting another with drugs
- Ronald Wilson Jr., 23 trafficking in heroin and cocaine, illegal conveyance of drugs into a detention facility
- Javon M. Smith, 19, forgery