Columbus (WCMH) – Today we set a brand new record of 75°. The old record high was 73° set back in 1954.
So how abnormal is it that we get this warm, this late in the season?
In short… very! In fact, we have had only 1 day on record the rest of the year that has been warmer than today.
- Today we hit 75°, in history, we have hit 75° one more time in November, and that was back on the 27th of 1990.
- We have had 5 days ever in the 70s in December, and only one that was as warm as today
- In 1982, on the 3rd of December we hit 76°
- In January we have never been as warm as we were today, but the warmest day in January on record is 74°
- In February we have hit 75° once
Bottom line, don’t expect temps like today much over the next 102 days.
On record, our record highs have only been warmer than today 1% of the time (1 time).
If you expand it out, of the 14110 days in the past 138 years between November 19th and the start of March, only 1 of those days has been warmer than today.
I hope you enjoyed today, because it most most likely will not happen again until at least March of 2017.
If you have questions about weather, climate, highs, lows, records, or any other type of weather, email me: firstname.lastname@example.org