Four year old who found dad dead of overdose thought he was asleep

generic police lights

CLEVELAND, OH (AP) – A 4-year-old boy who found his father dead of a suspected drug overdose in Ohio told his mother over the phone that he thought his dad was sleeping.

Nicole Shank says she knew immediately something was wrong with her ex-husband and called 911. Paramedics found 30-year-old Michael Dunaway dead inside his home Tuesday afternoon.

Cleveland police say they were at the home two days earlier for an overdose and were able to revive Dunaway that time.

The boy’s mother tells WOIO-TV that she didn’t know about the first overdose.

Shank says her former husband was a good father and she thought he had overcome his addiction.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s