Puppy recovering after ingesting heroin in Dayton

DAYTON, OH (WCMH) – A baby pit bull puppy in Dayton had to be revived with a shot of Narcan after accidentally ingesting heroin.

Narcan is the same drug used to revive human overdose patients and block opiate effects.

“When he arrived at the vet he was in bad shape. There’s not a lot of data out there on heroin exposure to dogs, so we’ll be watching him closely,” said Mark Kumpf with the Montgomery County Animal Control Center.

Investigators said the puppy, Diesel, has likely been exposed to heroin before, WKEF reports. His owners are being charged with cruelty to animals.

NBC4i.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s