NBC4 Duel in the Desert Giveaway
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The NBC4 Duel in the Desert Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Media General Operations, Inc. d/b/a WCMH-TV and nbc4i.com (“NBC4”). Promotion is only offered in the NBC4 viewing area within the following Ohio counties: Athens, Coshocton, Crawford, Delaware, Fairfield, Fayette, Franklin, Guernsey, Hardin, Hocking, Knox, Licking, Madison, Marion, Morgan, Morrow, Noble, Perry, Pickaway, Pike, Ross and Union (the “Promotion Area“). Void outside the Promotion Area and where prohibited.
- Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws. NBC4 shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding entries, deadlines, winner selection, prize restrictions, and eligibility — and all its decisions are final. By participating, you irrevocably, fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules and or any other Promotion-related advertising or materials.
- Promotion begins on December 19, 2016 at 6:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”). Final entry deadline is thirty (30) minutes after the WOTD is announced (see below) on December 23, 2016. Drawing to determine potential Finalists will be held each day starting on December 19, 2016 and ending on December 23, 2016. Drawing to select Grand Prize winner from Finalists will be held on December 23, 2016. NBC4’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
- Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 MISC tax form (or its equivalent) for the ARV of the prize awarded if required and is solely and exclusively responsible for all state, federal or local income taxes that may result from his or her acceptance of prize.
- To be eligible, each entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years old and a legal United States resident living in the Promotion Area (above). In addition, you must be available to travel on the dates described below as part of the Grand Prize if selected as the potential Grand Prize winner.
- Employees of NBC4, Media General, Inc. (“Media General“), Reynolds Travel, any other entity directly involved in the development or administration of the Promotion, and the members of their immediate families (defined as spouses, parents, siblings, and children, and each of their respective spouses) and households, are not eligible to enter or win. The term “household” includes all persons residing together in a single residence, whether or not related.
Prize & ODDS
- Grand Prize (1): Round-trip airfare on Southwest Charter flight from John Glenn International Airport to Scottsdale, Arizona and three (3) nights’ accommodations (single standard room/double occupancy) for winner and one (1) guest at the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch, 7500 East Doubletree Ranch Road, Scottsdale, Arizona, checking in on December 29, 2016 and checking out on January 1, 2017, two (2) tickets to the Ohio State Alumni Pep Rally (Buckeye Bash) at Westwood of Scottsdale, 16601 North Pima Road, Scottsdale, Arizona on December 30, 2016 at 2:30 PM, two (2) tickets to the 46th Annual PlayStation® Fiesta Bowl (General Reserved Seating in Ohio Section) on January 31, 2017 at 7:00 PM ET (5 PM local time) (the “Game”) at University of Phoenix Stadium (the “Stadium”), 1 Cardinals Drive, Glendale, Arizona, and ground transportation between airport, hotel, pep rally and Game. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV“): $5,590.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received. Limit one (1) Finalist per household.
- Hotel or resort accommodations and travel dates are subject to availability and confirmation of reservations, are subject to change without notice, and may not be combined with any other offer. Winner must coordinate travel with specified travel agent. Winner must pick up prize tickets at airport at check-in.
- Prize trip travel and seat selection are subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. Travel may be capacity controlled and seats may not be available on all flights or in all markets. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. Prize ticket travel may not accrue frequent flyer points. Stopovers/Upgrades/Wait-listing/Open Returns may not be permitted for tickets booked with prize certificate. Prize tickets are non-transferable, are not redeemable for cash and are void if sold or bartered. The sale or barter of tickets obtained through redemption of prize certificates or vouchers is also prohibited. Any tickets obtained through such sale or barter are void and will not be honored for travel.
- Guest must be at least eighteen (18) years old and may be required (or his/her parent or legal guardian may be required) to sign liability waiver and/or publicity release prior to receipt of prize tickets and travel documents and/or confirmation of reservations. Winner and his or her guest must travel on same itinerary and use the tickets or passes together.
- Winner and his or her guest are solely responsible for obtaining, at their own expense, any picture identification necessary for travel and any travel insurance or any other form of insurance desired and to be in possession of all necessary travel documents at the time and point of departure. Carrier may deny boarding to any passengers without proper documentation. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any air or ground transportation.
- All elements of Grand Prize are valid only on the dates set forth above in the prize description or on any tickets or passes. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by any selected transportation carrier as detailed in the relevant passenger ticket contract.
- Prize tickets must be used on the date set forth above in the prize description or on the tickets or passes. Exact seat locations will be determined by Stadium. Use of tickets or passes is subject to all Stadium rules, regulations, policies and restrictions. Visit http://www.universityofphoenixstadium.com or call (623) 433-7101 for more information. NBC4 will not be responsible for weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, player/referee/labor or other strike or work stoppage, or any other natural disaster outside its control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the Game or closure of the Stadium or any other inability to use prize tickets or passes in whole or in part and the terms and conditions on, or applicable to, the tickets or passes will govern in such event. NBC4 will not replace any lost, stolen or damaged prize tickets, passes, vouchers or similar items once they are in possession of winner or guest.
- Winner and his or her guest agree to comply with all applicable Stadium regulations and policies in connection with the prize and/or any prize component and acknowledge that Stadium may remove or deny entry to any person, including winner or guest, who engages in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Stadium visitor, guest, employee or other person, or in any other way that violates any Stadium policies.
- All prize details shall be at NBC4’s sole discretion. Winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), surcharges, fees, tips, gratuities, parking, concessions, souvenirs, merchandise, additional transportation, all travel or lodging, food, beverages, snacks, resort services, room service, laundry service, spa treatments, local and long distance telephone calls, Internet access, and personal items, transfers, airline or airport fees, security fees, baggage charges, passport expenses, passenger tariffs or duties, trip or travel insurance, service or facility charges, excursions, sightseeing, and upgrades. Hotel or resort may require valid major credit card or cash deposit for incidentals. Any person who wins prizes through any NBC4-sponsored promotions with cumulative value equal to or greater than $600 in a calendar year will receive an IRS 1099 Form.
- Prize is not redeemable for cash and may not be sold, bartered or auctioned. The right to receive prize is not transferrable. Prize or any portion thereof not used or accepted by winner is forfeited and no cash or substitute will be offered or permitted, unless required by law. Prize may not be substituted except that NBC4 in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
- Prize offered is provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by NBC4. NBC4 has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to Other restrictions apply.
- Entries will be accepted beginning December 19, 2016 at 6:00 AM ET and ending thirty (30) minutes after the WOTD is announced on December 23, 2016. Entries require two (2) steps:
- Step 1: Watch: First, watch NBC4 Today at 6 AM (the “Show”) week days at 6:00 AM During the Show, a word or phrase of the day (each, a “WOTD”) will be announced. The WOTD will change each day.
- Step 2: Enter: Once you have the WOTD, visit http://www.nbc4i.com (the “Promotion Page“) and follow the instructions to complete an official entry form with all required information, which may include your name, e-mail address, phone number, and age or date of birth and the correct WOTD within thirty (30) minutes after the WOTD is announced. Only entries with the correct WOTD will be accepted. This is the only method of entry. Entries will not be accepted via U.S. mail, e-mail, or any other method.
- Each entry must be received within thirty (30) minutes after announcement of the WOTD. All entries must be received by NBC4 no later than December 23, 2016, thirty (30) minutes after the WOTD is announced. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt by NBC4 will not accept screen shots as proof of entry.
- Non-winning entries will not carry forward to subsequent drawings, if any. Limit one (1) entry per person or e-mail address per day. For entry limit purposes, a “day” begins at 12:00:01 a.m. ET and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. Additional entries received from any such person or e-mail address thereafter will be subject to disqualification. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, mechanical, script, macro, or any other automated means or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest-entry services or multiple or different e-mail addresses, or the submission of false contact information under multiple or different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, accounts or logins) or any other devices or artifices to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries are prohibited and suspected or detected entry method violations may void some or all entries submitted by that entrant, in NBC4’s sole discretion. No group submissions will be accepted.
- Entries must include a working daytime telephone number and valid e-mail address for the entrant. NBC4 is not responsible for voice or electronic communications that are undeliverable because of any form of call blocking of any kind or inability to leave a voice message or passive or as to e-mail, active filtering of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address, the entry will be deemed made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address used for entry. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by the relevant Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the corresponding domain. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the potential winner agrees to furnish requested documentation confirming his/her status as the Authorized Account Holder.
- Entrants who fail to provide any required information may be disqualified without further notification by NBC4. NBC4 is not responsible for entries that are lost, misdirected, garbled, distorted, truncated, incomplete, illegible, incorrect or late for any reason, and all such entries are void. NBC4 reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time that in its opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Entries become the property of NBC4 and will not be returned or acknowledged.
- All dates and times are subject to change in the event of technical issues or human error affecting the broadcast of any scheduled Show and/or WOTD or the entry process, or in the event of breaking news or national or local emergency or condition that is of greater public importance, in NBC4’s sole discretion, than the timely execution of any scheduled Show and/or WOTD. If any of the foregoing result in the non-broadcast of any scheduled Show and/or WOTD during the particular broadcast time, NBC4 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to accept entries on the corresponding week day, not to require entries to include the relevant WOTD, or otherwise to handle such entries as it deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances. NBC4 will not be responsible for breaking news preemption, weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, strike, work stoppage, natural disaster, technical malfunctions, scheduling conflicts, non-broadcast, out-of-normal-timeslot telecast, or any other events or occurrences that may result in the modification or cancellation of any scheduled Show and/or WOTD by NBC4 in its discretion.
FINALIST/WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION
- Each day starting on December 19, 2016 and ending on December 23, 2016, or within a reasonable time thereafter, NBC4 or its designee will randomly choose one (2) names from all timely entries received, for a total of ten (10) names. Subject to verification of eligibility, the persons whose names are so drawn will be declared the Finalists. On December 23, 2016, following the last Finalist drawing, NBC4 or its designee will select the name of one (1) Finalist. Subject to verification of eligibility, the Finalist whose name is so drawn will be declared the Grand Prize winner.
- NBC4 will contact each potential Finalist and the potential Grand Prize winner using the information supplied on his or her entry form. Each potential Finalist and/or winner must respond to NBC4 within twenty-four (24) hours of initial notification, or by 4:00 PM ET on December 23, 2016, whichever is earlier, and may be required to present valid photo identification and/or to sign an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability waiver, publicity release (where legal), tax forms and/or other legal documents and to provide such documents to NBC4 within twenty-four (24) hours of initial notification, or by 4:00 PM ET on December 23, 2016, whichever is earlier, and as a condition of receiving prize. NBC4 in its sole discretion may allow for transmission of verification documents via fax or e-mail. Winner will receive instructions on scheduling or coordinating prize travel or other arrangements.
- If any potential Finalist or winner (a) cannot be contacted directly by, or does not respond to, NBC4 within the time stated above, (b) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (c) declines to accept the prize (if applicable), or (d) is otherwise determined to be ineligible, NBC4 in its discretion may disqualify that individual and an alternate Finalist or winner (as applicable) will be chosen by random drawing as soon as reasonably practicable after such disqualification. Alternate Finalists and/or winners are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules. Paperwork for verified Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must be provided to travel prize provider no later than December 23, 2016 at 4:00 PM ET. If time permits, NBC4 will conduct one (1) alternate Finalist and/or winner drawing. If NBC4 cannot verify a Finalist and/or winner after one (1) alternate winner or Finalist drawing or there is insufficient time prior to deadline above to verify Grand Prize winner, no further attempts will be made and the Finalist slot or the Grand Prize (as applicable) will not be awarded.
- NBC4 may, in its sole discretion, post the verified winner’s name on the Promotion Page and/or any of NBC4’s websites, including http://www.nbc4i.com, and on or in any of NBC4’s social media pages or channels, and broadcast it on any of NBC4’s stations.
- By accepting a prize, winner agrees to award NBC4 the right to publicize his or her name, photographs (including the use and appearance of his or her photograph on NBC4’s websites), likeness, biographical information, e-mail address, voice and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- By entering the Promotion, you agree that NBC4, Reynolds Travel, Media General, Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook“), any other company involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, and a range of subsidiaries, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, prize suppliers, directors, officers, employees, agents and related persons (collectively, the “Released Parties”): (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to lost, disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for entries that for any reason are not properly submitted or received by NBC4 by any deadline stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or other participants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or in the printing of this offer, the announcement of any WOTD, administration of this Promotion, or in the selection or announcement of the Finalists or winner or prize; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Promotion or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Promotion; (e) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any entry materials; (f) are not responsible for the inability to select Finalists or winner because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (g) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the broadcast or non-broadcast of any Show, the announcement or non-announcement of any WOTD, the acceptance of entries, the selection of Finalists or winner, the prize or otherwise in any Promotion-related materials.
- RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO prize. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE Promotion OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF prize OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE Promotion OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE Promotion.
- By entering the Promotion, you agree to release and hold Released Parties harmless from all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, relating to or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, (a) your participation or inability to participate, in the Promotion or any Promotion-related or prize-related activity; (b) the use by Released Parties (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of entry materials during or after the Promotion; (c) the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of prize; and (d) any other claim or cause of action you may have against any Released Party.
- BY entering THE Promotion, you FURTHER AGREE THAT (A) ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE Promotion, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE Promotion, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND you HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES.
- SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE ABILITY TO PURSUE CLASS ACTION REMEDIES, OR ON CERTAIN KINDS OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
- NBC4 reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Promotion, or any part thereof, if NBC4 determines, in its sole discretion, that the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Promotion has been corrupted or impaired by any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or any other cause beyond NBC4’s control. In such an event, NBC4 will post notice of same at the Promotion Page and select the Finalists or winner at random from all non-suspect entries received prior to the suspension, cancellation or termination of the Promotion or in such other manner as NBC4, in its sole discretion, deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances.
- NBC4 reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Promotion if NBC4 concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person (a) has attempted to tamper with the entry process or other any operation of the Promotion, (b) has repeatedly disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules, or (c) has acted towards NBC4 or any other entrant or other participant in an unfair, inequitable, deliberately annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. Tampering includes attempting to enter more than the number of times permitted herein, including by using any prohibited device or method. Any failure by NBC4 to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DEFRAUD, TAMPER WITH, OR DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE Promotion MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND NBC4 RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AVAILABLE DAMAGES OR REMEDIES AGAINST SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND/OR REFER SUCH MATTERS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- All activity arising out of and relating to the Promotion, including any reference to the status of any person as a “Finalist” or “winner” is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules. If NBC4 determines, in its sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences non-compliance of an entry and/or entrant with the Official Rules, NBC4 reserves the right to disqualify such entry and/or entrant from the Promotion and prize at any time. NBC4 reserves the right to conduct a background check on any or all potential winners and to disqualify any individual based on such background check if NBC4 determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on NBC4. Each entrant agrees to cooperate with NBC4 and its representatives in connection with any and all verification, auditing and/or background check activities.
- NBC4 reserves the right to correct typographical, printing or clerical errors in any Promotion-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. If production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, NBC4 reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants or other participants or Released Parties in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by Ohio law, without giving effect to any choice of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Ohio.
- By entering the Promotion, you expressly (a) agree that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in Franklin County, Ohio, and (b) consent to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Promotion-related materials, including but not limited to the Promotion entry forms, or point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. If any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Facebook is not a sponsor or endorser of this Promotion or of NBC4. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners and the use or mention of any such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Promotion is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the
Winner’s Name/OFFICIAL RULES
- For a copy of the Official Rules or the final Winner’s Name, visit the Promotion Page or http://www.nbc4i.com or mail a SASE to: NBC4 Duel in the Desert Giveaway c/o NBC4, 3165 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, OH 43202, specifying either “Winner’s Name” or “Official Rules.” Winner’s Name will be available after January 23, 2017.