Video shows E-cigarette exploding in man’s pocket

FRESNO, CA (KSEE) Security camera footage shows dangerous moments inside a Fresno, California city bus.

Wednesday afternoon a Fresno city bus driver noticed one of his passengers broke the rules by using an e-cigarette on the bus.

The driver told the passenger he “can’t vape on the bus”.

Just moments after the man put the device away in his pocket chaos erupted as the e-cigarette smoking device exploded, sending him to the hospital.

First responders took pictures of the charred e-cigarette battery. Industry experts say it’s most likely the source of the blast.

“These batteries they are fragile. They have a wrap on the outside that needs to stay intact. If that battery gets torn and starts to touch metal, or loose change in your pocket or something like that it can definitely short out the battery, said Adam Wooddy the owner of Satyr Vapor.

Experts say best practice is to remove e-cigarette batteries between uses, placing them in a protective case. provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s