Dad says kids burned after drinking apple juice at restaurant

DERRY TOWNSHIP, PA (WCMH) — The dad says his two kids were hospitalized after drinking apple juice at a Pennsylvania restaurant.

Richard Zaragoza Jr. tells WPMT the family decided to go out to eat at the Star Buffet to celebrate his son’s 10th birthday.

Both his son and daughter ordered apple juice like they always did, but Zarazoga says there was something seriously wrong with the drink this time.

“As soon as they took a sip of it, they were throwing up. And there was blood you know and all that stuff,” Zaragoza says.

Both children were taken to the hospital where their parents say they suffered from burns to their throats. Both are expected to be OK, according to Zaragoza.

The restaurant owner tells WPMT they bought the apple juice from a local super market. Zaragoza says he’s still waiting for an investigation from the health department. provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s