Girl suffers third degree burns after making homemade slime

BOSTON, MA (WCMH) — The girl was rushed to the hospital after the homemade slime caused severe burns to her hands.

According to WCVB, Kathleen Quinn made some homemade slime last weekend. Later that night, while at a sleepover, she said her hands began to hurt. “It felt like really hot and tingly,” Kathleen says.

Her parents took her to a local hospital where doctors determined the girl had suffered second and third degree burns to her hands.

“It was like crying in pain, ‘My hands hurt, my hands hurt.’  And we looked at them and they were covered in blisters,” Kathleen’s mom Siobhan Quinn tells WCVB.

Doctors say that Kathleen’s injuries came from extended exposure to borax one, a chemical used in homemade slime. provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s