Dog nearly dies after eating hot dogs with nails stuffed inside

LAKE DELTON, WI (WCMH) – A three-year-old Yorkie-mix nearly died after eating hot dogs stuffed with nails outside a Wisconsin apartment complex.

The dog, named Clarice, needed emergency surgery to remove six nails from her stomach and a section of the colon, WKOW reported. The surgery lasted more than two hours.

“I’ve never seen anything with a malicious intent like this,” said Dr. Samantha Steinich. Steinich is the veterinarian who performed the surgery.

The nails were hidden inside hot dogs scattered across the property of an apartment complex. Tom Deakin, Clarice’s owner, says Clarice must have taken some bites of some of the hot dogs when he let her outside.

“I thought it was kind of odd..in the back of my mind thought what if someone was trying to poison the dogs,” said Deakin.

Police have not commented on the incident, other than to say they are looking to speak with a person of interest.

NBC4i.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s