California woman in intensive care after eating gas station nacho cheese

SACRAMENTO, CA (WCMH) — Lavinia Kelly has remained in intensive care after she contracted botulism when she ate nacho cheese from a gas station’s deli section in April.

“Yeah, it’s really scary, and to think if her and my mother had eaten there… My mom’s older. If my mom had eaten there I don’t know if we would have lost both of them,” Lavina’ sister, Theresea Kelly told KTXL.

Lavinia had stopped at a gas station April 21 and decided to drizzle the Doritos she bought with the gas station’s nacho cheese sauce.

Lavinia is now in her third week in intensive care. She’s fighting to breathe and even open her eyes.

“Somebody needs to be accountable. Somebody needs to pay attention to what the heck they’re, what they’re doing you know? It’s crazy,” said Lavinia’s mother Dawn Kelly.

Sacramento County Health officials told KTXL they are investigating the botulism outbreak linked to the nacho sauce that infected five people. provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s