Man dies in California botulism outbreak from gas station nacho-cheese

SACRAMENTO (KRON) — California authorities say one man is dead in an apparent botulism outbreak stemming from nacho-cheese dip sold at a gas station.

Health officials on Monday confirmed one death among what the state says is 10 people sickened by the cheese dip.

Authorities did not identify the dead man.

California health officials say the illnesses appear caused by botulism carried in nacho-cheese dip sold at a gas station in the Sacramento suburb of Walnut Grove.

Authorities said Friday all 10 people sickened were hospitalized.

A spokesman with the California Department of Public Health says the agency is unable to immediately provide updates on their conditions.

 

NBC4i.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s