Woman sues Texas restaurant, claims queso dish caused burns

AUSTIN, TX (KXAN) — A woman is suing a Georgetown, Texas restaurant after she claims she was burned during a table-side fire presentation of the “quesos flameados” appetizer.

According to a lawsuit, the woman says she was dining at the Dos Salsas Cafe on May 20 and ordered the queso. The suit claims “an improperly trained waitress” brought out the queso and when she attempted to set it on fire, it ignited and went directly into the plaintiff’s face, chest, neck and arms.

The customer says her “horrific burns” were “life-altering.” The lawsuit claims the restaurant and its manager were negligent because they failed to train their employees on how to light this dish on fire. They claim the restaurant didn’t have any “training or safeguards” in place.

The customer is seeking $1 million in damages.

NBC4 sister station KXAN reached out to the Dos Salsas Cafe for a statement, but the restaurant did not want to comment.

NBC4i.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s